An Agribusiness firm that is mainly into large scale food crop Production and marketing has added processing (value addition) to her core functions. The company is a quality driven supplier, providing raw maize, raw soya bean as well as processed maize and soya beans to the Ghanaian and West African market and beyond. As a result of the scale up and expansion in operations, vacancies exist for qualified individuals (team players) to assist in executing the agenda of the new direction of the organisation.
Job Title: Farm Supervisor
- Planning, organising and managing the activities on the farm. Specific tasks include the following:
- Ensure Land development and preparation in readiness for planting is carried out on time.
- Ensuring supplies such as seeds, fertilizers and other farm inputs are available on the farm for application.
- Arranging for the maintenance and repair of farming buildings, machinery and equipment.
- Maintaining and monitoring quality of yield.
- Ensuring all local and foreign legislation on crop production is complied with always.
- Monitoring the health of crops whiles maintaining a good knowledge of pest and diseases and how they spread.
- Applying health, environmental and safety standards across the farm estate.
- Seeing to organising farm labour and ensuring timely application of fertilizers etc.
- Keeping farm and financial records up to date.
Required Skills or Experience
- Educational Requirement: Minimum a diploma in Agriculture from any recognised institution.
- Work Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in farm management
NB: Applicants would need to show evidence of the following:
- Knowledge of food crop production especially maize.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Supervisory skills and management ability.
- Numerical aptitude.
- Willingness to be outside in all weathers and patience to undertake all sorts practical, sometimes repetitive jobs.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
- IT skills.
- Good knowledge on Good agronomic practices (GAP).
- Ability to ride a motor bicycle.
- Age limit for all: 23-45 years.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send their cover letter and CVs to: Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for all Jobs is: 20/01/2017
Start Date for all Jobs: 1st March, 2017
Job Type: All jobs are full time.
Location/Duty Post: Tumu, Sissala East District, Upper West Region -Ghana.