An Agribusiness firm that is mainly into large scale food crop Production and marketing has added processing (value addition) to her core functions. The company is a quality driven supplier, providing raw maize, raw soya bean as well as processed maize and soya beans to the Ghanaian and West African market and beyond. As a result of the scale up and expansion in operations, vacancies exist for qualified individuals (team players) to assist in executing the agenda of the new direction of the organisation.
Job Title: Agronomist
AGRONOMIST – (1 SLOTS)
- The Agronomists will provide technical support to a minimum of 5 Agricultural Extension Officers (AEOs) and over 4000 farmers in two districts in the Upper West Region by undertaking the following tasks
- Recruit and train 4,000 out grower farmers to produce 8,000 acres of maize and soya bean crops.
- Assist AEOs Support the farmers to do quality land development, preparation and planting of crops.
- Train and monitor AEOs and farmers on Good Agronomic practices (GAP).
- Establish and manage at least 10 demonstrations and trials farms in your operational area.
- Disburse and recover inputs credit to 4,000 small holder farmers.
- Ensure quality harvest of both demo farms and out growers farms.
- Assist in developing farmer’s profiles and support database.
- Report to the Project Manager.
- And any other duties that may be added.
Required Skills or Experience
- Five (5) years work experience in a similar role
- BSc, HND, Diploma or higher in Crop Agronomy
- Highly motivated
- Team player
- Age limit for all: 23-45 years.
REQUIRED SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must be results oriented.
- Ability to live and work amongst farmers.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must know how and be willing to ride a motor bicycle.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send their cover letter and CVs to: [email protected]
Closing Date for all Jobs is: 20/01/2017
Start Date for all Jobs: 1st March, 2017
Job Type: All jobs are full time.
Location/Duty Post: Tumu, Sissala East District, Upper West Region -Ghana.