Posted on :
15 May, 2017
15 May, 2017
AGRIPRO helps farmers increase the quality of their products and find buyers for their produce such that it increases their overall productivity/income. Agripro provides the web and mobile platform to connect investors to farmers, buyers to sellers, and provide effective technology tools for better farm management.
We also provide physical markets where farmers can sell their produce directly to the consumer in a unique community gathering.
Job Title: Farm Manager
Job description and role explanation:
The farm manager is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the activities of a farm. Specific tasks may vary depending on the farm specification and structure but generally include:
● planning finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters;
● planning strategies for maximum yield, organizing farm administration, organizing associated businesses and managing staff.
● buying supplies, such as compost materials, for the fertilizer, and seeds;
● Supervise the making of composting at every farm site
● maintaining and monitoring the quality of yield, whether livestock or crops;
● understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans;
● maintaining a knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them;
● Direct and coordinate work activities such as nursing, irrigation, harvesting and record keeping.
● Do cost benefit analysis of the crops or animal before commencement of the project and keep record of every progress in a timely manner
● Responsible for the implementation of the Financial Budget and the Strategic for the farm
● Supervision of farm interns and volunteers
● Participate in planning for long term farm development;
● Coordinate produce needs with culinary, market and educational programs;
● Able to work in the field, outdoor classroom and office including hard repetitive physical work;
● Lecture and train people in practical farming/practical agriculture using organic methods
How to Apply
Send your CV to [email protected] with the subject “Farm Manager”