An Agribusiness firm that is mainly into large scale food crop Production and marketing has added processing (value addition) to her core functions. The company is a quality driven supplier, providing raw maize, raw soya bean as well as processed maize and soya beans to the Ghanaian and West African market and beyond. As a result of the scale up and expansion in operations, vacancies exist for qualified individuals (team players) to assist in executing the agenda of the new direction of the organisation.
Job Title: Assistant Processing Plant Supervisor
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITES AND FUNCTIONS
- Maintain adequate inventory reports and levels for various ingredients.
- Maintain production data and assist with reports.
- Support a culture of safe production while following all workplace health and safety procedures.
- Make sure the activities to promote and enforce safe behaviour by supervisors and employees are completed.
- Maintain all safety rules, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
- Manage all packaging operations for the brand.
- Track productivity while meeting or exceeding efficiency standards.
- Maintain operating costs within all packaging cost center budgets.
- Act as backup for the Manufacturing Lead and packing team during their absence.
- Direct the activities of the packaging team.
- Coordinate with the managing team to ensure compliance with all quality standards.
- Support the managing team with any audits (GMP certifications or audits by government regulatory agencies).
- Maintain appropriate files for tracking batch and lot records.
- Handle planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding as well as disciplining employees.
Required Skills or Experience
- HND Mechanical engineering (Plant Option) or equivalent, plus two (2) years of experience in general manufacturing.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent English communication written and oral skills
- Bilingual (English and French) preferred.
- Eager and passionate about exceeding expectations.
- Advanced problem solving skills, including questioning though processes.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Age limit for all: 23-45 years.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send their cover letter and CVs to: [email protected]
Closing Date for all Jobs is: 20/01/2017
Start Date for all Jobs: 1st March, 2017
Job Type: All jobs are full time.
Location/Duty Post: Tumu, Sissala East District, Upper West Region -Ghana.