Kokoo Pa is an independent farmer organization which promotes the adoption of sustainable farming practices, economic and social wellbeing of its farmers and gender in agriculture
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator (M, E & L Coordinator)
Kokoo Pa seeks to employ qualified and experienced persons who are ready to work with its motivated staff towards the realization of this mission.
The candidate for the M, E&L Coordinator position will be part of the Kokoo Pa Projects Management Team. The organisation sees the M, E&L function very critical to its quest to promoting sustainable farming practices to achieve economic and social well-being of its members and their farming communities in Ghana.
The Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning Coordinator (M, E&L Coordinator) will review and enhance the systems for monitoring and evaluating projects of Kokoo Pa in its operational districts. The M, E & L Coordinator will be responsible for overall M, E&L and learning needs of all the projects of Kokoo Pa and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects. The Coordinator will also provide support to project teams through M&E findings in enhancing flow of information and its management.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review current M,E&L system and recommend new strategies for enhancement
- Develop monitoring, evaluation and learning tools for the organization
- Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of all KKP projects in line with project objectives in consultation with the project teams
- Develop and/or utilize existing data collection and management tools for use by projects teams in a manner that supports timely reporting to donors and partners
- Supervise regular data collection through Extension Officers and other field Officers and ensure quality of the data by random verification and validations
- Supervise the work of other staff in the M,E&L Unit of KKP
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way including electronic documentation of projects and organizational documents on shared drive
- Analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
- Provide technical support on M, E and L and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project Managers and Partners.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities conform to monitoring and evaluation system of KKP
- Participate actively in programme planning process and budgeting of the programme quality and fundraising unit
- Support project team in developing the periodic reports to KKP and Partners.
- Support Management in designing, coordinating and conducting mid-term and end term project evaluations
- Support Management in developing quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports
- Develop KKP reporting templates for field staff to submit timely field reports
- Prepare and upload key learning, innovations and periodic reports onto the Kokoo Pa website.
- Develop and manage Kokoo Pa Quarterly Newsletter based on results, lessons, innovations, and challenges and distribute to partners on Kokoo Pa mailing list as well as stakeholders in the agricultural sector
- Perform any other tasks as may be required
Required Skills or Experience
- Professional Qualification
- A minimum of 1st Degree in relevant field
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organisations
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with a recognized institution/organisation
- Experience of field data collection
- Experience of report writing
- Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
- Data collection and management
- Good command over report writing in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on SPSS, MS Excel and other packages of MS Office
- Time consciousness and ability to prioritize many tasks
- Self-motivated person able to work without supervision
- Willingness to travel to the hinterlands, particularly, to the cocoa growing areas of Ghana
How to Apply
F&A Manager Box KJ 316 Kumasi or emailed to: [email protected]