The Local Government Service is a public Service institution established by the Local Government Service Act, 2003 (Act 656) which has been repealed and replaced with the Local Governance Act, 2016 (Act 936). The Service exists ‘’to secure effective administration and management of the decentralized local government system in the country’’.
Job Title: Agricultural Extension Agent (Technical Officer II)
- To disseminate new farming technologies and advise farmers (farmer-groups) and other community-based stakeholders on how to appropriately apply farming technologies to improve agricultural productivity.
- The Agricultural Extension Agent shall report to the Head, Department of Agriculture
- Establishes demonstrations to purposely educate farmers on modern farming practices
- Organizes farmers’ groups and networks the groups with external partners
- Identifies agro-related problems and actively engages farmers in finding locally practicable solutions
- With help from the DAOs, the TO II develops route maps and visit schedules
- Undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Certificate in General Agriculture from recognized University or Agricultural College.
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete the Public Service Commission form 2 (PSC 2) and attach their Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates and National Service Certificate where applicable.
- The Envelope should be marked with the relevant reference number of the advert.
- The completed application shall be submitted to the Office of the Head of the Local Government Service or to the postal address below:
The Head of Service Office of the Head of the Local Government Service P. O. Box MB396 Ministries, Accra The deadline for submission of application is Friday,10th August 2018 at 5pm local time