To grow and retain a portfolio of agricultural relationships by performing a proactive, mobile, value-adding financial partnership role, ensuring that close personal attention is given to provide a full array of customized financial solutions and services tailored to meet the growing needs and potential of the agric. portfolio.
Job Title: Relationship Manager, Agribusiness
- Promote and enhance the bank’s image and profile by representing the bank at important agricultural events.
Profitable growth in sales
- Provide advice on, promoting, selling and structuring a wide and diverse range of financial solutions customised to best meet the financial needs of players in the agricultural value chains.
- Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts on a face-to face basis, as well as
- Cross-selling additional value added solutions to the existing portfolio to assist clients in growing their businesses
- Identify and take ownership of leads generated for the promotion of the Agric. Value Chain.
- Develop and implement a client-calling schedule to visit all clients in the portfolio.
- Identify opportunities to migrate top-end relationships.
Customer service quality and efficiency
- Provide a central advisory/information/ query handling service point for the portfolio.
- Performing a proactive liaison role between the various players and the Head Agribusiness in fulfilment of credit functions.
- Interact frequently and closely with all clients to analyse and establish ongoing needs and to assist clients to better understand their financial requirements.
- Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates/ documentation requirements for financial facilities.
Lending support and risk management
- Explaining and structuring/ customising credit loan facility options, parameters and qualifying criteria.
- Support customers in the completion of credit application information requirements e.g. balance sheets, financial statements and management accounts.
- Motivate and process non-scored credit applications.
- Notify customers regarding the approval/ decline of credit loan facilities.
- Explore alternative solutions in the event of deadlines from Credit.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping
- Manage the Relationship Manager Assistant to ensure that work standards and quality work output targets are set, achieved and maintained.
- Manage the performance contribution of support staff.
- Identifying strengths and development areas and ensuring that support staff receives the requisite learning and skills development interventions.
- Proactively coaching and mentoring subordinates.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Minimum of a first degree in Agric or any Agric-related programme or relevant qualification in Agribusiness Management, Agriculture Finance and Banking.
Preferably, 3-5 years’ experience in managing Agric value chains, with a solid understanding of how these value chains work.
A minimum of 2 years previous working experience in Credit or in a credit environment is preferable to gain practical exposure to lending principles and to establish credible relationships.
- A good understanding of the principles and practices of agriculture within the current national economic environment.
- Strong numerical skills and financial acumen to analyse evaluate and identify trends in complex consolidated financial statements, balance sheets and ratios.
- A sound understanding of cash flow cycles pertaining to agriculture.
- A good knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel) to capture and analyse financial data.
- Good knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
- A good current knowledge of different agricultural sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends; this includes an understanding of the impact of climactic conditions on the agricultural market
- Good knowledge of Personal Banking product offerings.
- A good knowledge of competitor offerings and structures.
- A sound knowledge of Managing Local Market (MLM) sales principles and practices to manage and optimise portfolio retention and growth.
- Negotiation skills.
- A good working knowledge of administration processes and procedures pertaining to Banking transactions.
- Knowledge of how to use the Group Reference Guide to access/ look up relevant information.
Closing Date : 27 August, 2020